23 July 2006

Book: Earthcore by Scott Sigler

I just finished a book called Earthcore by Scott Sigler. Thing I like most about it is its publishing history (not that it's a bad book mind you.) It seems he had a deal with Time Warner to publish the book in 2001, but the deal fell through, so he podcasted it. 10,000 people ended up listening to it, which lead to a deal with Dragon Moon Press. Back at the beginning of June of this year, Mark Frauenfelder over at Boing Boing posted a podcast interview with Mr. Sigler, which I recommend.

I'm very interested in the confluence and influence of authors, blogs, podcasts, ebooks and publishing companies, and this is a great example of how success in one of these mediums can lead to success in others, success being measured by the number of people that get to read your stuff.

Regarding the book itself, it's really not my cup of tea, so when I say I didn't like it, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't read it. I bet you'll like it.

2 comments:

Scott Sigler said...

You didn't like it but you still post about it? That's really nice of you. Hopefully I'll pry some money out of you in the future for another book, and you'll like that one.

thatbaldguy said...

It's a good book Mr. Sigler, which is not something I say lightly. I hope bunches of people read it, and I'll be buying your next one without a second thought.

Thanks for commenting, too. I think you're officially my third reader.