28 July 2006

Happy Little Trees

Rember Bob Ross, he of the soothing voice, perfect 'fro, and above all, happy little trees? I loved that guy. He seemed to always be on some PBS station or another, and it was so relaxing to watch him do his thing while he hypnotized you with that nepenthean voice.

Turns out there's some video from his show The Joy of Painting on YouTube:

Poking around the intertubes a little more, I discovered to my dismay that Mr. Ross passed away in 1995. His legacy lives on however, though his company Bob Ross, Inc. (now run by his son, I think) and, holy crap, it says here a video game!

In March 2006, Bob Ross Inc. announced plans to license rights to develop a Bob Ross video game. AGFRAG Entertainment Group will receive the license and is planning on developing the game for PC, the Nintendo DS, and Nintendo's next-generation video game console, the Wii. The Wii was chosen because its Wii Remote is unique in its ability to sense 3D control, allowing the player to use the remote like a paintbrush, aptly suited to The Joy of Painting.

Whatever console that game comes out on, I guaran-damn-tee I'll be buying one!

Just before I posted this, I saw that there's a Marketplace report from 2003 about Bob Ross, Inc. I haven't listened to it 'cause it's in the crappy real audio format, so let me know how it is.

Via Positive Ape Index and Boing Boing.

No comments: