28 July 2006

Too soon old, too late smart

Well, that's what my great aunt used to say, anyway. Sadly, it now applies to me. Forgive me, for I have sinned... and not in a good, delicious way.
I'm the Mac Guy 'round these parts. The Cultist. The guy who almost got the tattoo. But now I've seen some of the error of my ways. Read on; I'll be pentitent in short order.
The EFF has been doing wonderful, soul-affirming work against DRM. They are toiling day and night to make sure that your online and offline music purchases are yours when you pay for them, not rented or loaned or watched over like black market food lines by the KGB. Bravo, lads. Bravo.
On the other side of the clue bin was me, clicking on .99 crack in the ITMS like a happy little monkey. Ta-tick. Wee! Ta-tick. Neat!

Today, I got the point.
And from now on, no more clicking. No more endorphine doses in dollar increments. No more filling out my life's history and having it dial back to the mother ship for approval. Today, I am a free man, and it feels real good.
You can say "Duh" now, if you haven't already. So, thank you, Cory. Thank you, Bald Guy.
Hell, at this point, I just might go whole hog and install Ubuntu.

No comments: