11 August 2006

RU Sirius has two podcasts

I can't believe I missed this. RU Sirius has two podcasts: The RU Sirius Show (which I mentioned a couple of weeks ago) and NeoFiles. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two as far as topics are concerned as they both seem to cover a pretty broad spectrum, but they're both brimming with excellent interviews with fascinating people. RU himself is perhaps cyberpunk's most prominent real-world prophet, with a firm grokking of culture (pop, fringe and otherwise), history, drugs, technology and art.

Since I seem to be coming to the party a little late, I've been catching up with The RU Sirius Show and there's a bunch of really good stuff there. This morning I listened to a two-part interview, which I strongly recommend, with Mel Gordon, author of Voluptuous Panic: The Erotic World of Weimar Berlin and The Seven Addictions and Five Professions of Anita Berber):

» Show #48: Seven Addictions & Five Professions (MP3 link)
» Show #49: The Hipster Whores of Weimar Germany: Mel Gordon pt. 2 (MP3 link)

NeoFiles, the other podcast RU hosts, seems equally populated with interesting folks. I've only listened to one so far, an interview with author Chris Nakashima-Brown, and it's a doozie. Mr. Nakashima-Brown seems to have taken the whole cyberpunk/near-future-fiction thing to heart and is doing sterling work with it. Anyone who can write Jorge Luis Borges into a lost episode of The Love Boat deserves ~26 minutes of your time.

» NeoFiles Show #49: The New Cyberpunk SF (MP3 link)

No comments: